Sunday, July 10, 2011

Held a 4-H photo workshop at the house on Saturday.


Not sure what he's taking a photo of ...



Or here, either. Tree bark close-up, I presume.


It was an interesting time on Saturday afternoon for the 4-H Photo Workshop, held at the farm. Alexis showed them how to mount the photos, and we talked about camera handling, follow-focus, and went my office upstairs and looked at ways to tech photos. Mainly, the kids had fun taking photos and hanging out. They scattered out over the property, coming back with photos of pump handles and flowers and chickens and well, tree bark.


The woman who ran the club has had a daughter who is very ill, and so she turned over the reins to me - as this is only my second year in 4-H, I'm going to try my best. Thankfully, the former leaders are still active in the club and I'm sure all will be well.


It is shaping up to be a busy summer - between the Flush Picnic on the 27th, and the fair in August, there's a lot to prepare for. I'm very glad that I have a break now where I only have to work part time. I have a class in the fall on Victorian Women's Literature, and I've begun the reading. No sense in waiting until the last minute. Reading Jane Eyre again, and we'll read Villette, also by Charlotte Bronte. One of the screen savers on my Kindle is Bronte, and since I'm reading on the Kindle, it pops up, which seems fitting. We'll also read George Eliot and Elizabeth Gaskell, an author I'm unfamiliar with. I'm sort of breaking with what the professor wants - when I can get a book for free or for $1, it is difficult to justify purchasing the expensive texts they want. I'll see what I will do in the fall.

No comments:

My Other Blogs