Thursday, December 25, 2008



Merry Christmas to all!
What a wonderful Christmas. I haven't written about this, but on Monday I had surgery to remove my gallbladder. I chose this week because, after struggling with this for a couple of months, this week was the first time the doctor could do the surgery and also it is a good week for me to be off of work. What I really hadn't realized was how I much I would miss Christmas Mass, as I sat there last night, watching the Midnignt Mass at the Vatican on EWTN and wishing I could go to Midnight Mass here. But fortunately for me, I was able to rally up on Christmas Eve overnight, and I was ready for Mass today. We were also able to go to Ellen's, where I got out of dish duty due to my surgery :) She made her usual wonderful dinner. I don't know what I would do without her - she accompanied me to the surgery, and took care of Paul while they waited, and then took me home. I probably should have stayed overnight, but I had the option to go home and I took it - pretty much insisted on it, after my roommate developed a physical problem that I'd rather not discuss with people who have probably eaten Christmas dinner. I flat out lied and told them I wasn't dizzy at all and we escaped. I had planned on having Paul stay with me and Ellen to go home, but when I threw up after we got home, Ellen stayed. She is such a wonderful daughter - and her husband is very understanding. He was home, not feeling well himself, but didn't object when she stayed here.
So, you can see the wonderful quilt Ellen made for me for Christmas and how beautiful the Church was today.

1 comment:

ellen said...

You would, and have done, the same things for me.

The quilt looks lovely on your bed.

My Other Blogs