Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanksgiving was wonderful. I guess that should go without saying, but it ain't always so. This year, the meal went smoothly, we had just enough left overs to enjoy, but not feel overwhelmed and we sent a bunch of turkey home with Ellen for Daniel, who loves turkey. On Friday, Ellen and I and the kids ventured out to the Maryland Science Museum, and, as I expected, the kids had a ball. It is a completely hands-on museum, which is perfect for the kids. It was lots of fun, watching them enjoy the exhibits. And, we got a kick out of the 3-D movie. It was Hannah and Simon's first 3-D and they enjoyed it, although Simon seemed a little overwhelmed at the end, he had the sense to just duck his head down and a couple of times, he took the glasses off, as I had suggested.

Ellen stayed through Saturday, although Daniel had to go home immediately after the Thanksgiving meal. I'm really glad he came, although I don't know which is worse - Thanksgiving alone, or after 7 hours in the New Jersey Turnpike :)

On Sunday, Paul and I went to Fort McHenry, which is the fort where the flag was flying that inspired the Star Spangled Banner. We climbed the ramparts and walked around - it is a nice little museum. Particularly instructive is a battle map that lights up to explain the battle in this area. Once again, I'm impressed at how much we owe our freedom to those who fought battles in the past. In the spring, I plan trips to Gettysburg and Civil War sites.

We haven't even ventured into Amish country to the north and Washington D.C. to the south. I want to take a day and go downtown in Baltimore to the Walter's Art Museum, just a few blocks from the office, but I can't go during working hours, too bad, huh?

woman at the well

No comments:

My Other Blogs