Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The family at the reunion at Beaver Meadows - front row, from left Seth, Simon, Hannah and Paul; back row, Rayna, Paula, Mike, Ellen, Daniel, Karl and Tabitha.

On Saturday, following lunch.
Karl and Tabitha - they have announced they will be married in April! It was so fun to introduce Tabitha as Karl's "fiance"


On Sunday, a Mass was said by Father Richard Weixelman, an Oblate priest. In the foreground, Carl Reed plays the guitar - he is the husband of Marty.

What a great reunion!

We had a wonderful time at the family reunion, held at Beaver Meadow's Resort west of Red Feather. I know it is suspicious to hear that "a good time was had by all" as if I'd be leaving out something bad, but really, it was great. We took a walk and I'll post flower photos from the walk on the other blog www.kansas-mornings.blogspot.com. The Weixelman's and the various extended families are classy people.

Hannah drove back with us, and Ellen and Seth and Simon came in yesterday. Daniel had to go back to work in New Jersey. He'll have to enjoy the farm via photos!

The kids were here about 3 minutes, when they hit the creek for some fun. They've been feeding the pigs (not as much fun as they thought, I think), but the chickens have been a source of amusement. We're now getting 2 eggs a day, and they kids squabble over who gets to go look for the egg, as one chicken seems to lay in the morning, and one in the afternoon. I keep lecturing the girls - with 26 hens, the rest need to step up and do their job!

No comments:

My Other Blogs