Sunday, May 03, 2009








OK, I've been asked to put up some more photos, so here goes. I call the top two: The Man At Work. Of course, it makes it look like I did nothing, but I'll let you draw your own conclusions. Our first "date" and we went out on the tractor, because, after all, it was still light outside when we got back from Kansas City airport, and we were "burning daylight" as my father used to say :)

The next day, was the windrow planting, during which I apparently passed my farmer test - to show me what the work was like, and to see if I'd do it, I suspect. Of course, unknown to most, except those who have seen me chop wood, I love this sort of work.

A few more days of city life - to Manhattan, NY this Thursday with Karl, and what ever other trips we can figure out while he is here visiting; then a weekend with my grandchildren; last day at work; then The Man comes to fetch me (bringing 4 ton of hay to sell - thrifty, making use of the trip - you have to know farmers) - and taking Paul and I off to our new life, which will be chronicled here, as always. Gritty details to come ...


No comments:

My Other Blogs