


After the thunderstorm and rains two nights ago, the fields are still a sea of mud, but this a.m., it was marginally better, so I decided to go out for a walk, through the pathways that The Man uses to move the tractors around (can't really call them 'trails' or 'roads'). In any event, you can see the back side of the farm, and the wheat, which is getting closer to harvest, and then I turned east to give a sense of the openness of the area near the creek. This is the Flint Hills area, a large geographic range of rolling hills, and I'll keep looking for vistas from which to shoot to give a sense of the area. It isn't flat at all, except for selected areas, like right around the farm.
I'm reading William Least-Heat Moon's book "PrarieErth," which is about this region. Although it was written in the early 1990s, it gives a sense of the Flint Hills region, and I doubt much has changed in the county just to the south of us that is featured in the book. It's part of my seeking to find my place here, researching the region.


1 comment:
I love all the pictures, keep 'em coming!
You seem to read up on all the new places you live.
Post a Comment