Remember the tomato cages? Tomatoes don't look so small in them now.
Won't be long, we'll have some ripe ones!
Squash for dinner. I only put in two plants, which should be sufficient.
Pears to ripen later ...
Garden update
I decided it was time for a garden update. Until I looked back on the old photo of the tomatoes, it was hard to see how much they'd grown. I really enjoy the tomatoes, which sounds odd, but I like the smell of the plants as I trim them and try to keep them contained within the cages. Since there's nothing better than a home-grown tomato, I'm looking forward to later on this year!
There are several fruit trees here, but unfortunately, the apple trees didn't set fruit. I'll have to research why - we think because they are on the east, and less protected, perhaps there was too much wind for them, as this spring there were several days of an unusual east wind. I just don't know. I may even call the county extension agent about it.
The Man says he'll build me a "coon-proof" chicken coop this fall. I think it would be very interesting to keep a few chickens, and deep in my heart of hearts, I'd love a peacock, although I don't know about the noise. I, myself, think Paul would enjoy caring for some bunnies, although I'm not big on eating them and I don't know what else a person would do with them, except just keep them as a pet. Perhaps bunnies could be a 4-H project.



1 comment:
Your garden is way ahead of mine! No fair...
Post a Comment